Sunday, February 7, 2010

Once again, neglected

Like my poor livejournal account...

I am currently in the midst of trying to salvage my senior design thesis. I'm at a crossroads - i'm unable to do the research I need at the moment due to the lack of open businesses and sufficient online data. i'm unable to validate or really ideate on any of my design directions. I do NOT want to do a re-design project.

Here is the rundown:
A large, growing population (gen Y), is at a point in their life when they are beginning to "couple" and learn shared behaviors as adults that will soon be passed onto their children.
They are also at a point in their life where they have to learn how to cook.
Many couples use this time to experience shared cooking. This is either on a day to day basis, entertaining, or by cooking classes (there is a huge spike in couples cooking classes, and this is a national trend).

It is my goal to target that age group by bringing them a product that will provide their shared cooking to be a more positive experience, even in their smaller space environments. What product this is? I have no clue. I'm at the point where I am ready to explore my observations and really get some ideas out on paper.

HOWEVER

I just had a friend die. My brother is finally back in the states from a tour in Afghanistan, and is newly engaged to be married. My little brain can only hold so much emotion and it is interfering with my schoolwork. Mind you, I also work about 50 hours a week at 2 jobs (I'm a secretary and food writer)...

Please, if you have any thoughts on my thesis direction, email me. i think it's a valid and meaningful idea. you can't get any more meaningful than emotional family bonding coupled with ruthless efficiency.

Perhaps I should just go to sleep.

No comments: